It’s June. I have to admit I am feeling a bit frustrated and impatient with my publishing process. (Okay, really impatient.) I never, ever, EVER imagined last summer when I launched my Kickstarter campaign that I would STILL be finalizing things with The Recollection of Trees eleven months later. ACK.
Here’s the scoop.
1. I didn’t know last July that I would have a cancer scare which would thankfully turn out to be nothing new (same old autoimmune crap) but that would catapult me into a complete rewrite.
2. While my health is much better than it was a few years back, I have still struggled with periods of fatigue, pain, and other life-interrupting symptoms that keep me from maintaining a consistent writing schedule. 2015 has been pretty up and down in this department, especially since April. 😦 However, I am optimistic that things are going to be improving because I found a health practitioner who has had tons of success with mystery illnesses and my first appointment is in a few days.
3. In addition to #2, my writing arm has developed chronic elbow, wrist and shoulder inflammation. I look like robo-writer and I can accurately predict the weather by the pain level. Some days are better than others, but this has definitely slowed my time at the computer. Between #2 & 3, I feel like the universe isn’t even giving me a choice on the matter of slowing down and accepting help when I need it. Let’s just say it has been humbling.
4. Something really awesome is in the works that could significantly affect the trajectory of my writing career…but I can’t tell you anything yet. I should know something in the next couple of weeks because it would happen in August if it happens. Fingers crossed. If and when it does, it will be an entire blog post by itself!
5. Another something awesome is in the works that could take me to a red carpet event later this fall…but I can’t tell you anything about that yet either. However, I will tell you that it is a lifelong dream to wear Halloween attire on the red carpet (see bucket list) so I’m thinking Olga Mara’s spider web dress from “Singin’ In The Rain”…ish. What do you think? I mean, at least some lucky Halloween socks and an outlandish headpiece…
That’s my quick update. Thank you for your patience and understanding as I iron out the last few things before my book launch. Still not able to give a firm date–only because I don’t want to disappoint.
Trust me, if #4 and/or #5 happen, it will all be worth the wait! I am seriously about to burst with all these secrets!